2010 - In Retrospect...

Oh how fun and funny it is to review posts from the past year!

In January I vowed to use my mini-stair stepper while I was out on the road... totally didn't happen. I think it stayed in the truck with me another couple of months and then it found a home in the basement.

February, I only made one post in which I proclaimed my love for my iPhone and The Twilight Saga... both of which I still obsess over, to a lesser extent. I bought and watched "Eclipse" last night finally and dang it, now I wanna start reading the books all over again. But of course, I got the whole Harry Potter series for Christmas this year and it's next on the list. So Edward and Bella and Jacob will just have to wait.

Oh boy, in March I learned lessons, blogged about how I took my sweetie for a three week ride along and about how I had some truck trouble that was annoying. Which reminds me, I saw Kenny about two months ago with another pumpkin lady driving him. I hope she has a better experience than I did with him. He was a pain in the a$$.

April found me in a new truck and in a hairy braking situation. YIKES! Marge treated me fairly well after we got her brakes and jakes fixed.

In May Marge was the victim of a hit-and-run while I was at home for time off. That sucked. And ironically before I even considered doing this blog, I was out and about in the valley and passed by the place where I had gone to get her fixed up. I'll never forget how those guys all but asked me to marry them. I swear they must've never seen a girl trucker before! haha

I started to realize how much I was giving up for being "The Adventuress" in June. While I knew I loved what I was doing, I knew I loved what I was missing too. Of course, the life of a trucker is entertaining in many ways, especially in the heat of the heart of Texas.

Holy cow in July I got engaged!!!!

And in August, I ended my fairly unhealthy relationship with social networking, for good. Facebook and I parted ways and I've never looked back.

Many things changed in September. I got a little weenie action on my birthday, put in two weeks notice, and then began a new adventure.

OMG in October you'd never have dreamed I had mad backing skills in an 18-wheeler. And you certainly learned why I'm forbidden from using sharp objects of any sort. Also, my new job wasn't going so well... seems like so long ago already.

I was finally getting the hang of things at the new job in November, finally being set free from training mode. And I bought a new car!!! Which by the way is amazing and awesome. Nothing beats filling up my sweet little Versa with $30 as opposed to the Titan which took like $70 to fill up!

And finally in December I started blogging about suicidal spiders and birds doing silly things. I wonder if I've lost it? haha But alas, the holidays went well and now I'm all prepared for a new year!

Thanks for riding along with me this past year (and the years prior). I'm anxious to see what 2011 will bring! Big changes are a'coming.. I can feel it!

Comments

it's been a very interesting ride with you girl!....and we're looking forward the new year with ya!....hope you and nate are having an awesome new year's eve!!..be safe!
june in florida said…
A very Happy and Prosperous New Year.I have enjoyed the ride and will stay and see what the New Year brings you.
The Daily Rant said…
I always love reading your blog posts - you're always so entertaining. Glad you're still posting and the blog hasn't gone the way of Facebook!
some asian guy said…
great synopsis. doing a lousy job keeping up, but this helped get me up to speed. hope all is well.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic