Yikes, Sorry...

As per request I attempted to find a link to the newspaper article, but sadly I can't get it either. The bookmark I had takes me to a "page not found" page. Apparently, the online version of the paper sends all that stuff to archives and one needs to pay for a copy of an article older than 14 days. Sorry folks, I'm a truck driver, not a millionaire and thus not paying for an article. It was a nice article however, and I am sorry to learn that so many of you missed out on it.

If someone (and he knows who he is) is able to produce a proper link to the article that I can post here for all or at least a limited time, I will happily do so. If it's not possible, sorry about your luck folks. :oP

Moving on...

My vacation is nearly over and I'm starting to get that sad/rushed/frustrated feeling that I tend to get after an extended time off. I love my job, I love what I do while I'm out there on the road... but I also love being home, loafing about and just enjoying being with the people I love the most. It's always hard for me to hit the road after such a lengthy stay at home. But it's gotta be done, otherwise the bills don't get paid and the savings account starts to drain like a blender full of margarita mix!

Once I get back out there and in the routine of it all, things become just peachy. But it's definitely a battle within myself to get back into work mode. Especially after vacation, moving back into the truck, putting all of my things in their proper places. Getting settled in.

I am going to make myself get up early tomorrow to sort through all of my truck stuff to weed out some of those "unnecessary" items. Those of you who drive long haul know what I'm talking about, stuff you take with you from home or buy while you're out and about on the road that you don't really need but have anyway. It takes up space but you just never know if you will need/want it or not. I have a few things I keep packing along with me on the road that I never EVER use, but I can't imagine being without JUST in case I need/want them.

One item in particular is my mini-stair stepper. I plan to use it this year... seriously.... unlike last year when I just toted it around the USA and let it collect dust under my bunk. This year I made a promise to myself to not take it out with me unless I know I will use it. Sounds like an easy out really, doesn't it? But no, I am on a mission.

While I've been on vacation I paid the deposit for a 7 day cruise upon which I will embark upon in 2011... to prepare for said cruise, I must lose weight. I wanna be beach and bikini ready for that cruise. Plus I just really need to get fit and lose weight anyway. Trucking has made me very lazy in both fitness and eating habits. So this is the year that Gi-Gi gets fit again. And that mini-stair stepper is gonna be my saving grace while I'm out on the road.

Wish me luck!

Whew.... I just realized how late it is. I'm outtie, sleep then T-minus three days before I head back to Kenny to load up and get ready to roll again. Yay.

Comments

Jessie said…
Here are a couple links to your article...

http://www.allbusiness.com/transportation/road-transportation-trucking-trucking/13612535-1.html

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/news/article.asp?docKey=600-200912172359KRTRIB__BUSNEWS_58677-5NGAUDMB9NBQ2CND3PEAI8F2E9&params=timestamp||12/17/2009 11:59 PM ET||headline||Woman%20calls%20big%20rig%20home%3A%20Male-dominated%20field%20of%20trucking%20doesn%27t%20deter%20St.%20Albans%20native%20%5BCharleston%20Daily%20Mail%2C%20W.Va.%5D||docSource||Knight%20Ridder/Tribune||provider||ACQUIREMEDIA||realtedsyms||%7CUS%3BKMB%7CUS%3BCSMO&symbol=KMB:US

wow, that is a nasty URL LOL
The Daily Rant said…
tinyurl.com turns that link into this:

http://tinyurl.com/yhp5g77

Thanks for the link to the article!! Enjoyed reading it.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up