Miles = Money

Man I've been bustin' hump since vacation. If I'm not careful I'll run out of hours! But ya know, as long as the wheels are turning, the pennies keep adding up. I should get a nice "back from vacay" paycheck. Not to mention that today I learned that I earned a 4th QTR bonus, which I wasn't sure if I would get or not. Sweet... and it'll all go towards my 2011 Cruise! Yeeehawww. Two more bonuses and it'll be paid off and a little put aside for spending cash! Lets hope I can pull it off.

As I said, I've been running really hard these past few days, nearly 500 miles (give or take, mostly give) each day, and while great for the pocketbook it is wearing me out. I got sooooo spoiled on vacation. Sleeping in is such a luxury, one I can't afford out here. It's taken me a bit to get back into the swing of it, but I think I'm pretty much there now. I just can't wait for the longer days to get here so I can sleep past 4 am and drive past 5 pm. I hate my self imposed "winter schedule" of getting up and then settling in before the sun.

Oh summer, where art thou?

haha

I am really excited about tomorrow when I get to swing by my home terminal to meet my new boss. I was shifted to a new guy while I was on vacation and I don't believe I've met him in person yet. So I am looking forward to doing so. So far we've hit it off pretty well via the phone and Qualcomm. He communicates well and responds quickly to my questions. Plus, he's also doing my dispatching.

I hadn't expected that aspect at all. With my previous boss I had a separate dispatcher with whom I had a good working relationship (and will miss greatly). I really liked that set up. Two different go to's for respectively different issues. I admit that when I learned about my new boss taking over both roles I felt a little concerned. What was it gonna be like having my boss be my bookie too? So far so good, though!

So that's about it. I've been driving, eating and sleeping. Nothing too exciting really.

Comments

some asian guy said…
boring is a highly underrated adjective. as the guys in the pantyhose masks say, "put the money in the bag and no one gets hurt." that's all any of us wants, right? stay safe.
Angela said…
Indeed, P. Indeed. :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up