Hawt Dayum!

It's hot. I'm in Texas and it's hot as a pile of fresh crap. Minus the flies, because even the flies realize it's too hot to be doing much of anything. Today would be a perfect day for sitting under an umbrella by the beach sipping mojitos and reading a good book.

Instead, I'm in my truck idling like a big orange beast, curtains pulled as tightly as possible, big cup of ice water at my side...blogging. haha!

It doesn't get any better than that for this trucker right now. Unless, of course I was on the beach with that umbrella, mojito and book. *sigh*

I'll be delivering in Grapevine, TX in the morning... hoping to get a follow up work assignment tonite or in transit to the delivery destination in the morning. Whatever I get will likely get me moving back towards the north east, since I have time off coming to me this weekend. I am due to be in Carlisle on Friday. I hope I can get a few good runs in before then, make that money! Last week was pretty dang good. I expect a fatty check this Friday for that.

I've run my arse off. And it's been goooood! Except'n this heat. Geesh! Yesterday I had to stop at our company terminal in West Memphis Arkansas to fuel up before keeping on my way and by the time I'd finished the task of fueling and washing my windows I was soaked head to toe in sweat.

That's just too much for this gal to handle. I don't mind heat, but keep it dry please! The humidity I bet was over 70%. Which is just ridiculous! C'mon mutha natcha give it a rest!

But I don't really want to complain about the weather too much. It could always be snowing... which for me is much less desirable than a little perspiration.

Oh and keep the questions coming for an open forum post! I've only gotten a few so far and I'd like to have at least 5-6 before posting the answers! You can leave them as a comment on the open forum post or you can email them to me at gigi@gigiroxx.net

Have a great week everyone!

Comments

The Daily Rant said…
Better you than me, sista, better you than me in that heat.

You're in Ed's stompin' grounds - he was born and raised in that thar area! And his older sister at one time worked at the T/A in Denton - probably close to where you're idling your beast. Keep the A/C going and do not go outside unless absolutely necessary!

Off to gamble now!
Ms. Crawford said…
I knew Salena would be cringing just reading about your heat problems. LOL

I KNOW the struggle. Summer is always soooo freakin humid in Florida. Today was really bad actually. What happens here is it will rain for 5 minutes in your front yard, not the back, then it stops, the sun comes back, and BAM you can barely breathe and sweat is pouring out because it is so damn HUMID and HOT! Ahh..I need to go stand in front of the fan now just thinking about it. Hope you stay cool and get some good loads before your time off :)
Angela said…
I hate humid heat. I hate heat. I hate snow too but I hate heat more.

I was in Denton at the T/A. Service in the restaurant was terrible, the waitress was quite literally all up in my face as I ordered, like she was trying to take my order by osmosis. The food was blah and the bill wasn't worth the trouble.

The entertainment however, pricess. I'm about to blog about it. It'll be good.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic