Rain Drops on Roses

And whiskers on kittens.

Yesterday I watched a little birdie doing something odd in a bed of mulch. It was a wee little wren I believe, but he looked mighty with his feathers all fluffed out, trying to keep warm I suppose. But the little feathered friend of mine was doing something I couldn't figure out. It was hopping back and forth in the mulch seeming digging a hole. It was the cutest darn thing ever.

Bitty bird worked fast, much faster than seemed natural. As it hopped back and forth it was using its feet to displace mulch and dirt making a little dugout. I thought maybe it was looking for food, worms or something, but after making a sufficient dent in the ground it seemed to grow bored and flew away. I was there for about 30 minutes, figured I'd see him return. But alas, it never did.

Today, I was amused by the footprints of another bird in another town, left in the fresh dusting of snow that fell last night. From what I could tell it was either a very tall bird with a lengthy stride or it was a small bird that hopped from spot to spot using alternating legs. It was strange but too cute.

Hmm... nothing else to tell really.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic