Pain, Agony, Despair

Today I'm going to go see a chiropractor. I hope she can help fix the pain, agony and despair that has become my body. I think I've got something really screwed up in my cervical spine (aka I've got a pain in the neck). I've been waking up in the middle of the night with pain in both of my arms. Pretty bad pain. Which is accompanied by intense tingling and numbness in my hands. It's terrible.

Last night I noticed that I was waking up when I rolled onto either side. Laying flat on my back is the only position that doesn't seem to cause the pain to flare up. I attempted to prop myself up on more pillows, that didn't help. I tried laying with out a pillow, didn't help either. I might have gotten about 5 hours of total sleep last night because of this. The worst yet. Most nights I've only woken up once or twice. Last night, it was half a dozen times or more.

This sucks.


UPDATE

Went for my first visit with the chiropractor. Holy crap I'm screwed up. My neck is straight, not curved like it's supposed to be. Well that's not true really, from a front view it's curved pretty sharply toward my right shoulder, NOT normal. The curvature starts around my T-3 and ends around C-3. If you sit facing straight ahead and tilt your head ever so slightly to the right, that's what my x-ray looked like.

The side view is straight though, sooo not supposed to be like that. Apparently it's supposed to be concave from the back and it's almost straight as a rod. The doctor called it "military neck"... from which my imagination pictured a drill sergeant straining his vocal chords, tendons and ligaments taut, head and neck front and center, mouth wide open.

So I'm gonna be going pretty frequently to hopefully get things put back in their proper place, as much as is physically possible. I do have some pretty yucky degenerative spots between C-6, C-7 and T-1 that can't be fixed, but at least maybe through treatment and adjustments I can get rid of the pain and tingling and overall discomfort that I've been dealing with for so long now. The most agonizing of which started quite recently.

So yay, progress. Now, time for ice and ibuprofen.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry to hear about your problems. Hopefully the Doc can fix you up right quick.
Anonymous said…
I think it might be the result of the sleeping in the bunk of the truck all this time and the switch to a regular bed that has taken it's toll. Just my two pennies worth.
i am soooo sorry to hear this...i can't help but think that the truck bunk is partly at fault also....i have alot of stiffness that i blame on our truck bunk...i keep threatening to throw the mattress out and have one special-made to suit me.....i just hope you're feeling better soon...
some asian guy said…
ugh. so young with the back pain. hope it gets better, kiddo.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic