Path of Least Resistance?

Yeah, so yesterday after I had made all of my deliveries and was headed back to the depot I realized that I was gonna end up making a day of it in less than 10 hours. Having had a short day of it on Monday and only putting in two tens I really needed all the extra time I could get on the week for my last day of work.

I looked at the clock and noticed that it was coming up on rush hour. Doing a few quick calculations I knew I needed to burn at least an extra 45 minutes to make a full ten hour shift for the day.

With that in mind, I had to then choose which route to take and what additional things I could do along the way to stretch the time as best I could. I didn't want to do anything personal with company time, because I DO have work ethic against that sort of thing. Even though I could have stopped and done some window shopping along the way.

Instead I checked my fuel gauge and figured I could stop off and get the tanks topped off which would burn about 15 minutes. But dang it, I still needed to stall about 30 minutes.

So I chose to take the route I figured would provide me the path of MOST resistance between where I was coming from and where I needed to go. Knowing it was rush hour helped as well as knowing that there was a stretch of road between me and my final destination that was always snarled to a near halt during rush hour, but that stretch was only about 2 miles long and would still only burn about 15 more minutes.

I took that route, I stopped for fuel, and I still arrived at the depot with 10 minutes to spare. Go figure. So even when I thought I was stalling, I was still ahead of myself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic