Suicidal Spider

So I was doing my thang at work yesterday when I came upon a fill box that contained what I can only describe as a spider that committed suicide. Many of our fill boxes are small aluminum boxes attached to the outside of the customers' building. They have a hinged, locking door that opens to reveal the fill bib upon which we screw our fill gun to do the thing we're paid to do.

When I opened one of these boxes yesterday I found that there was a spider of sizable proportions, hanging limp legged from a thick strand of webbing. At first glance I thought maybe it was just frozen to the inside wall of the box next to the fill bib, but then I saw the strand of silk that I swear seemed to be wound around the head of the spider.

Perhaps the poor bastard just couldn't handle being a creepy nasty spider any longer and decided to end it all. Perhaps it was trying to spin a web and just had an accident. Maybe, a scorned spider lover killed it and staged it to look like a suicide.

Whatever, it was icky and I had to grab a wrench to knock the spidey carcass out of the way before I felt comfortable hooking up the fill hose and filling that particular customers' CO2 tank.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic