Happy Birthday, Weenie

I swear I need to read back through my blog on or around birthdays' past, because I kinda got the feeling of de ja vu today when at random I happened to look to my left at the car hovering right beside me in the fast lane and found a guy merrily massaging his member while trying to get my attention.

He got it all right... I tooted the horn and I then thought he was gonna run into me. Don't think he expected air horn accompaniment. He promptly fell back and pulled off the highway. Weenie waggers be warned, Gi-Gi doesn't play the part of silent observer.

Well today is my birthday. I woke up in my own bed at home, next to my fiance, to the sound of my alarm clock telling me it was time to get up and get a move on. Soon to follow were birthday wishes in the form a text from my sister, a call from my daddy, and another text from my sister... and birthday snuggle with my sweetie.

Then I really had to get up and get my butt in gear. After a lovely 5 days off I had to get back to work. All play and no work makes Gi-Gi a poor girl.

But my time off was fun. We went camping in Ohio for two nights then came back, me the lame duck with a knee I'd managed to injure in a porta-john (don't ask, I really couldn't tell you how it happened, I'm still mystified). I called in on Sunday to ask to take an extra day, as I was only granted three off. With the okay to stay home, I bummed around and planned to just take it easy and heal up the knee, and was mostly successful too.

Tuesday came along and I'd told the boss I would be ready to roll out by 1pm (after a very important appointment, which landed me the new job, which is another blog at a later date, I promise I won't forget). I was all ready to roll, had done my pre-trip and was awaiting dispatch to send me a work assignment to get me back out on the road. I waited, and waited and then finally figured it was going to be a while, so my sweetie and I decided to run some more errands and goof a bit. I sent in a message asking them to just call me on my mobile when they had something for me.

And off we went, first stop Ellen's Ice Cream where for the first time ever, on the last day of my 30th year of life, I enjoyed a banana split. It was delectable. And while spectacular, it did manage to give me a tummy ache.

After stuffing my craw with Ellen's goodies we were heading down to the west end of town to hit a local hardware store in search of the perfect cast iron skillet to add to our kitchen tool kit. While en route, my boss called and asked, "are you still at home?" I said, "yeah kinda, why?" She said...."stay there, we got you loaded for tomorrow, nothing today".

Yay... and that's how I got five days off. It was nice.

But now I'm back out in the truckin' world. I picked up a load in Huntington, WV and am headed to the north west side of Chicago for a delivery at noon tomorrow. Then after that, who knows. As of today, I've only 13 more wake-ups in Marge's sleeper berth and then I'm off to my new adventure.

Hooray...

Comments

Mikey Boy said…
You get so many weenie waggers. You must be a very very VERY attractive girl =D
Anonymous said…
Happy belated Birthday!!!!
was he in a little silver toyota p/u & wearin cammies???coz i've gotten that one twice in your area... lol....
dangit, girl, i miss you bein on fb & i hate it that i missed your birthday, but happy birthday anyways!! sounds like you weren't waitin on me to say it to celebrate anyway!!
congrats on the new gig! can't wait to hear all about it! hello to nate! you be safe out there!
Angela said…
Um, Ruth, the guy was in a small neutral colored pickup, but he wasn't wearing cammies. And it was in Ohio. So I dunno what the deal is.

I'm not interested in seeing schlong while I drive. Especially while someone is attempting to murder it. ;o)

And now that I'm gonna be home for good, you will have to call me or send me an email or something to let me know when you're in town, we'll drive up and treat ya'll to dinner or something!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic