Nicknames - In Utero

I thought it would be fun to share a list of the nicknames I've called my unborn baby girl so far:

Succubus - This one was especially prominent during my first trimester when she was sucking all of the energy and life force from my body. Starting to make a come back in the third trimester now that my energy is being zapped again.

Chickie Nugget - I chose this as a gender neutral nickname after my sister kept bugging me for a nickname after I found out I was pregnant but before we knew gender.  Apparently embryo's require nicknames. 

Nugget - A shortened version of the previous nickname, which after a while tended to make me crave McDonald's chicken nuggets.  And which in turn made me think of eating my baby.

Octopus - Because I swear sometimes it feels like instead of four limbs there are eight (or more) flailing about in my belly.

BeeGee - I say this one a lot, especially when talking to my baby as I do things around the house and such.  It's just short for baby girl, but it flows well when I don't wanna look like a complete loony talking to thin air, especially when I find myself talking to her out in public.

Spider Monkey - As she's gotten bigger and stronger her movements are like that of an mixed martial arts pro.  Since I'm not comfortable giving her an MMA nickname, I figured the closest allusion I could make was to the spider monkey with their long spindly limbs and prehensile tail. 

Kung Fu Kid - Kind of self explanatory.  Some of her kicks, nudges and punches are like that of a well trained Ninja.  I swear she's bruised me a time or two... and when she finds something she likes punching or kicking... watch out mama.  Yeowza!




Comments

june in florida said…
I love the way your interacting with her, sounds like she will be a fast one. Better buy running shoes.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up