A wee bit more chipper today...

I worked myself out of the funk I was in yesterday during the late evening hours.  Nothing a little Dexter on DVD and an entire jar of salsa with chips couldn't handle I suppose.  Being in a bit of a better mood makes the fact that I have to go out and run some errands today feel bearable.  

One thing I have to do is mail out my Jury Duty questionnaire for the summons I got last week.  I hope I was clear enough regarding the fact that the date set for this trial to begin is less than 3 weeks after I am due to give birth to my baby girl to get me released from the obligation of attending.

I wouldn't have minded being on Jury Duty say, anytime over the past 3 months.  But just after having given birth to my first child? No, I'm sorry. Civic duty or not, I just can't bear the idea of possibly getting chosen for the jury and ending up having to spend 8 hours a day sitting in trial while my brand new baby girl is being cared for by someone else.

So hopefully I get a letter back saying not to worry about it at all.

I also have to go grocery shopping today and I dread that.  Heck I dread going out period because it's so darn cold.  Right now the temperature is right around 11 degrees F, with a wind chill that makes it feel like 2 degrees F.  That's just uncalled for.  We've had such a mild winter that frigidity like this is painful and quite a shock. So I'm really not looking forward to it. 

But the good thing about weather this cold is that I get the urge to make warm tasty things like soups and hot cocoa.  I'm just finishing my first cup of cocoa and considering making a large pot of chili later. 

Oh and how about this, I had placed an ad on Craigslist recently to sell an item I'm just not using any longer.  I wasn't getting any bites on it until this morning.  I received an email from a man wanting to purchase my item "for his son, who lives in West Africa". (I use quotation marks to emphasize my sarcasm and skepticism). He asked what my bottom price for selling was and when I replied he then responded with an offer one-hundred and fifty dollars higher than my original asking price and asked that I send him my PayPal information asap and he would then send me the shipping info for his son.

I know better, thankfully.  This is a common scam where they manage to send you a fake transaction notice that you have been paid and then you ship the item and get screwed when you find that your PayPal account is actually empty.  And shipping to W. Africa isn't cheap from the US, for example some items ship for $230!

So I replied once more and said I don't ship outside of the United States.  He replied in kind saying "that's why I offered you more money, to cover the shipping costs."  And once more I responded and said "I don't use PayPal, money order only and I do not ship outside of the states, if you wish to purchase the item, I can accept a money order via mail and ship the item to you if you're in the States and then you can ship it to whomever you choose anywhere in the world."

Right now I'm awaiting his next response.  UGH. 

I get how people fall for these scams all the time, because there are many people who just blindly trust humanity to be good and do the right thing.  But I've read enough, learned enough, and experienced enough to know to trust no one, especially when it comes to money matters. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up