Just because....

Not really sure why I found myself on Blogger just now.  Not really in the mood to blog about anything in particular.  But then, I recall several other occasions where I felt the same and ended up posting a pretty interesting blog. 

I was surprised to check in here today to read other blogs I follow and see that I had 80 visitors yesterday and already 42 today.  I like that feature here at Blogger.com, being able to see what sorts of numbers my blog generates. 

I still find myself mystified that people actually read my ramblings. 

But as you shall read, I shall write. 

Or something like that.

Today was a painful yet productive day at work.  I had only been scheduled from three-thirty am to seven-thirty am, but found myself taking a lunch at eight-thirty am and finally clocking out around quarter to ten.  And I barely spent anytime in my usual area of soft lines, instead working most of my shift in heath and beauty, more specifically in cosmetics. 

I was in a lot of pain today, my poor hips and pelvis are starting to get more sore as I grow closer to my delivery date.  And my boss took notice of my in pain grimace and sent me to cosmetics with a rolling chair and a cart full of war paint (aka makeup). 

I don't mind doing cosmetics actually.  It's a lot of little things but they're all fairly easy to locate because it's all broken up by brands.  The crappy part was trying to utilize the chair as much as possible.  There are a lot of higher shelves that require me to stand up and locate spots for whatever I've got in hand.  Then there are a lot of really low shelves that my pregnant belly just won't let me bend over in the seated position to view, and I end up squatting or kneeling in the aisle to get to them. 

But overall I get to sit a lot longer in cosmetics than I do in soft lines. 

I kind of felt bad today, leaving my girls for another area. Especially since today we got a new girl (my future replacement) to train.  My team mates are good at what they do, however, and I knew they had it handled.  So when I was given the chance to get some relief, I waved goodbye to the girls and headed to the other side of the store.

After having stayed over a little Monday, working my scheduled shift on Wednesday and then staying over today, I'd say I did a little better than expected for my next paycheck.  Still, it won't be much.  But every bit counts.  I was scheduled for fifteen hours this week and worked around eighteen and a quarter. 

Next week should be a little bit better if the freight is good. But it doesn't count towards my next paycheck.  This week and last will be on the check I expect for next Friday and if I figured right it will only be for about thirty-four hours total. Peanuts really.  But it's something.

I am still trying to decide if I'm going to stay on into February or call it quits at the end of this month.  I could really see myself enjoying not working the month and some before baby arrives.  But then I can also see myself getting really bored and being a lump. I think a lot of the decision depends on the next check-up (this coming Monday) and how I feel. 

After the hip/pelvic pain I had today, I'm inclined to think I'll be turning in notice sooner rather than later.  But then again, today could have been just a fluke brought on by the rainy, warmer weather or something and I could be good as gold come tomorrow. 

Regardless, I'll need to make a decision soon.  If I'm turning in two weeks to terminate before February, I have to do so by next Friday.  Regardless, I still need to set a date and let the boss know.  Luckily they did just hire the new gal who started today to be there for the team when I leave.  Which is good since being in my last trimester anything can happen that could result in me having to make a short notice termination (even after I submit a proper notice) for a plethora of reasons, many of which I hope not to have to deal with. 

Luckily they already know I'm on the way out, eventually.  And surprisingly I'm kind of sad about having to leave.  The folks I work with are great.  The job isn't really all that bad, it can be tedious, but not terrible.  And I have found myself making good friends with the girls I work with in soft lines.  So I will miss them when I do go.  They say they'll miss me too, but I half wonder if it's me they'll miss or my working ability. Maybe even my humor.... I do work hard to do my job and entertain at the same time. 

Comments

some asian guy said…
a person who makes work more bearable is a precious commodity indeed. you should be proud.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up