High Five

Today I got this sudden sharpish pain in the right side of my belly.  I looked down as I reached down to rub it, and was shocked to find that I had the smallest little lump pushing out of me.  I touched the palm of my hand to it, and it disappeared rapidly. Something tells me baby girl and I just had our first high-five. 

She was really calm and quiet all morning, I had started to worry when I didn't feel her squirm as usual after engaging my seat belt for the ride home from work.  Generally she gets pissed at where it lays on my lower abdomen and fusses about it some.  But not today.  Even when I stopped by a local breakfast food drive-thru for a nibble of a certain biscuit I'd been craving for a couple days I still didn't feel her fidgeting any. 

I got home, washed up, unwrapped the biscuit and ate... still nada. 

Then about twenty minutes after I ate her hiccups started.  That was, as always, a great relief.  She gets the hiccups two to three times a day most days.  Even on days when she is being lazy and barely moving around in there, she always gets the hiccups. So, since I hadn't felt her all morning I let out a big sigh and then just watched and giggled as my belly pulsated with each hiccup. 

Her hiccups usually last anywhere from 3-10 minutes.  Today's' first round lasted about eight minutes.  Then she started getting restless.  Stretching and wriggling around. 

At this point she's growing like a weed in there and thus, she's running out of room for any full on punches or kicks.  But she LOVES stretching out, which for me isn't so much fun.  She is getting so strong that sometimes her stretching hurts.  And the sharp pains her little limbs create can be quite discomfortable.  (and no that's not in the dictionary, but yes it's a word I use)

Not to mention since she is already in the head-down position, when she does one of her big full body stretches, it feels like she rubs her head right on my bladder.  So, full or not, when she is done stretching my body starts telling me I need to make a trip to the restroom. 

Depending on which side of my belly she is favoring for the day, I get what I presume are either hands or elbows pushing in the direction of the hip and feet or knees in the rib cage.  The hip jabs are just a really weird feeling of pressure.  The rib jabs, however, are rather unpleasant. 

Oh the joys of late term pregnancy. 

I still can't get over the little high-five we had moments ago.  Silly little girl. 

Man I can't wait to meet her!

Comments

some asian guy said…
good chronicle. baby's going to enjoy reading this in about 10 years or so. and maybe 20 years after that. fingers crossed for you, mama-in-waiting.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up