Lack of Motivation

I know I have a TON to get accomplished this week. But here I sit. On the couch, taking up space and being a blob. I don't want to do anything. But at the same time I do want to get moving.

I know if I continue to procrastinate that I will then end up with a crazy mad dash at the end of the week, trying to get it all done at the last minute. Of course if that happens then I'll complain the entire time about it and keep asking myself why I didn't get it all done when I had plenty of time.

I just need to find the motivation to really get started.

Maybe a good power packed lunch will help.

Or maybe just some pizza.... maybe a nap..... haha

I loafed all day yesterday, I allowed myself the whole of Sunday to get my slovenliness out of the way. Apparently it lingers.

I will get a few things out of the way today. I'm still working on getting laundry and such together. I put together a huge pile of clothes yesterday and I have my truck bedding half washed. I need to throw the comforter in the wash today. I also need to go buy new pillows to take out with me. At least two, if not three. I'm still deciding whether or not to get a body pillow. I had one before and really found it comforting and useful. But it's not really a necessity.

I also need to go pick up a new Atlas and truck stop guide. Maybe a trip to the local Pilot Truck stop is in order today as well. Of course if I'm going there, a few miles away is HoBo Freight where I need to pick up some supplies and a new hard-hat and safety vest, since the hubby has commandeered my old set for his "dump run" needs. Our city dump requires people to wear them for "safety" not that it really helps, the guys that run the heavy equipment in that place are maniacs and I don't think a hard hat or vest will keep them from running you over if they're not paying attention anyway.

I need to start a pile of other stuff too. I've got a list started....

I also want to call Sirius/XM to re-connect my radio service. I'll probably do that today. I got a mailer from them last week where they're offering me a "return-to-service" at a super fantastic price for the first 6 months. I hope the offer is still good, because the price is so low it'd be crazy not to sign back up.

Aside from getting prepped for my return to trucking I've also got to prepare for my trip to Indy for my refresher training. I will set aside a few hours this week to review procedures for doing a pre-trip and a few other odds and ends. I wish I had time and access to take a rig out here locally just so I can reacquaint myself with shifting and such before I head out to Indy. But I don't think it's possible. I could call my old truck driving school but I have a feeling they wouldn't be able to squeeze me in.

Not that it matters. I really think I'll be able to pick up right where I left off. And if I'm not quite up to par, then at least I'll have the fun little challenge of perfecting my skills again.

Anywhoodles....

I'm going to go get me a bite and see if that helps me find some motivation to get started checking items off my must-do list. :) Wish me luck!

Comments

Belledog said…
If I was your old trucking school, I would let you use a rig pronto, in exchange for having you do maybe 45 mins of Q&A with their current students.

You are a resource, Gi-Gi.

Win win all around.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up