Hurry Up and Wait

Well the weekend was great. Gimme a truck so I can go work now, please... thanks.

I wish it were that easy. I was all excited as I prepared for bed last night, thinking "tomorrow is Monday and I just know the boss will call and instruct me as to where and when to get my truck".

However, I woke up this morning remembering what he had told me when we spoke on Friday.... "I work Tuesday through Saturday every week..."

So I doubt I will be hearing from him (or any of his colleagues) today. Which is peachy but I'm kinda sad too. I need to work and earn money. My checking account is dwindling. I will get a small check for the week of training I had last week, but I have NO idea when to expect that.

I am also anticipating a check from my old company at some point as well. I signed a paper to cash out my Union pension contributions which should come to somewhere around a thousand bucks. Which would be REALLY handy right about now. But I have no idea when that is supposed to be cut and mailed to me, either.

So right now, I wait (impatiently) for a truck and for money rightfully owed to me. I hope I can get through this week without completely depleting what's left in my checking account. I do have some mula in savings, but I prefer NOT to touch that unless absolutely necessary.

Luckily all of the bills are paid for this month and we just made a trip to the grocery store and filled up the car as well. So that's good. But what if I find something sparkly and shiny and just have to have it? hahaha j/k

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up