Am I Really a Truck Driver?

It's really kinda hard to tell right now.

Especially since I don't have a truck to drive.

I'm seriously starting to think that the Universe is trying to tell me something.

I did hear semi good news on my husbands job front yesterday, but it's nothing certain yet. Just a whisper of potential possibilities in the weeks ahead. In the meantime, he's still unemployed but going to school full time.

Me, I'm technically employed but not working... I wonder if I could qualify for some sort of "unemployment" for this time? I mean... I'm sitting here ready, willing and able to work but I can't work because my company isn't ready or able to put me to work. Kinda bites.

I put a call in to my new boss man. He was busy and instead of holding for an unknown amount of time I just left a message with his associate to have him call me back. So far, nothing. If he doesn't call by the noon hour tomorrow I'm calling again.

I mean I love being home with my hubby and stuff but I NEED to make money. What's the point of having a job where you can't even earn a paycheck?!

Hell, I'm half tempted to start applying for other jobs.

Surely there is some one out there willing to put me to work sooner rather than later.

*sigh*

I keep getting this nagging feeling deep down inside that going back on the road isn't really what the Universe has planned for me right now.

Comments

Truckingtiger said…
Patience, Grasshopper. It took a few days for them
To Get Me In a truck as well. You will be running loads by weeks end, bank on that. Besides, you are getting paid to sit home and wait. I think it's like 60 per day or something.
Angela said…
No one ever told me I was getting paid to sit at home.

I dunno, if I have to wait much longer I might go flip some burgers down the street or something. $60 a day after taxes isn't gonna pay my bills and put food on my table.
Truckingtiger said…
Might wanna check, but I think if you are available to work and can't because of SNI's fault (which this is), then you get paid. As your DBL. Oh, BTW, Id call him every hour on the hour tomorrow. Squeeky wheel getting the oil and all that jazz.
Belledog said…
It's fascinating to learn how one deals with a trucking company.

Squeaky wheel vs. worrying someone will take out a restraining order if you call them too often ....

Agree with the patience grasshopper. But proactive, with the phoning ...

Maybe something really cool will happen while you're waiting and you will think "that's why I had the slight delay in taking off."

Cheers.
The Daily Rant said…
I was just thinking about this, wondering what you'd be doing for money while you wait for them to get you a truck. I would be kinda pissed - I mean, they should have told you they wouldn't have a truck right away - you could have timed leaving the old job and doing the re-orientation to fall just when the truck was ready. Kinda lame.

I would stay on their ass too - they can't expect you to sit around forever. Couldn't they put you in a truck with someone else in the meantime - do a team thing until something comes up for you?

Hope something happens soon!
Angela said…
I'm calling the boss again today, gonna wait until after the noon hour just so I'm not the morning annoyance today. LOL

I understand the situation but I don't like it. The company is in the process of a mass retirement of old trucks and a mass introduction of new trucks, which is causing chaos for boards getting new drivers. I get it.

But I hate it. I'm not making money. I'm burning through what little money I have in my checking account. And there isn't any clear indication as to when I will get to work. And of course then it'll be a week or two after I start before I get my first check.

UGH! I makes my head hurt.

I'm seriously considering just applying for a couple of jobs here locally (out of the industry) to see if I can get some work while I wait. I dunno.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up