TGI-Thursday

I remember talking to family and friends on the phone or on my short time at home visits while I was over-the-road about how I had lost that ability to have a "TGIF" moment. I worked 7 days a week usually for 2-3 weeks straight before I got genuine time off. There were no weekends and certainly no long weekends.

I think I found that I was bitter about it sometimes, but I also remember being thrilled that I didn't have to be in that kind of grind. For the most part I made my own hours and did things my way without a boss breathing down my neck. I never had to pretend to look busy.

The only days I counted down to were my time off days. Which were almost never on Fridays. So my TGIF's were usually TGIT, TGIS, or TGIM's.

In my new driving job, I'm home every night working a mere four days a week. But ooooh how quickly I have fallen back into that grind... that countdown until my days off, my weekly long weekend. It's amusing really.

Comments

Pipeline said…
So true, never thought of it that way. Too bad one can't have the best of both worlds.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic