Results

Well I finally got the MRI results read to me yesterday evening. Of course I had to go back down to the urgent care center and strong arm them in to getting the results faxed over from the hospital so that one of the doctors on rotation could kindly read them to me.

Turns out there are not any obvious tears but there were notes on "sub cortical cysts" in part of the humeral head. My research online has turned up no clear cause or indication as to what that means. Apparently they can occur as a result of certain types of damages and injuries, or as an indicator of various types of diseases such as rheumatoid arthritis. Of course, mainly it seem to be a benign issue that is simply bothersome.

The good doctor that read me my results last night told me he would set me up with an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in shoulders and let him/her explain what is going on inside my shoulder and help me figure out the best way to get through this little pain in the, er... shoulder. I should expect to hear from the office of the orthopedic doctor by the middle of next week to schedule an appointment.

Right now I'm about appointment'ed out. I've got a dentist check up and cleaning to look forward to on Thursday. A meeting with a financial advisor on Friday, and now possible another appointment with a surgeon. Is this really with the 30's are all about? If so, I'm ready to see 40, or is it really just all downhill from here?!?

Comments

i have no clue about those cysts either, but i'm glad to hear that surgery is not looming in your immediate future.....i hate to break it to you, but it does seem like you develope a more personal relationship with people in the medical profession after 40 or so.....
Feora's Fire said…
Glad to hear that its not as bad as it could have been....

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic