A Little Worried

I have my MRI in a little over 4 hours. I'm not worried about IT as this is MRI #3 in my life. I know the drill. What I'm more worried about is the reading of the results afterwards. I hope that whatever is going on under my pale hillbilly flesh isn't worthy of surgery. I've lived 31+ years without a single operation and I don't intend to start now if I can help it. But the prolonged nature of my shoulder issues, which is my own dumb fault for waiting so long to have it checked out, makes me worry about possible knives and sutures and painful healing.

But then again, they may take these pictures today and find that I'm just dandy and simply need to do a little rehab to get my muscles into better shape to prevent loud pops and excruciating pain from happening again.

We shall see.

In the meantime, I've been icing my shoulder throughout the course of the day since Monday. I've been taking the Motrin 800's at regular 8 hour intervals to help with the inflammation and pain. I've been trying to do as little with my arm as possible to let it "rest". I won't return to work until Sunday, to give it more time to heal. And honestly I'm not sure that resting then going back to my daily work routine of pulling and tugging and lugging heavy things around is really gonna help.

This job is very physical and requires a lot of strength in many areas of the daily work requirements. My left side is pretty weak and even when I've tried to do things left handed I tend to end up giving up after a few clumsy attempts and switch to the right hand.

So now I'm thinking, what happens if I'm just not cut out for this kind of physical labor? Again this comes back to my stubborn nature and my thoughts that "anything HE can do I can do better". I don't like being defeated by my own body and it's limitations. But I do need to start listening to my body when it's screaming at me that it's reached its' limit.

Monday it said to me, "Yo Gi-Gi, cut it out... this hurts and I don't like it."

Oh sure it took the big nasty painful pop for me to get that message. But my body has been telling me for a long time that it's not happy with what I've been doing to it. I chose to ignore it and now here I sit... waiting for my MRI appointment and wondering what the doctor is gonna say.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic