The 301 Blues

Oh my yesterday didn't go anywhere near as planned. No yoga, no gym at all actually. Errands of higher importance took a good part of the day to get done. I did make it to a local gaming store to trade in my DS and get a refurbished Wii. Oh man I was stoked!

We made it home, set it up, downloaded the Netflix app for it and then watched a movie. BTW if you haven't seen "Up" do put it on your to-do list. Sure it's been out for quite a while but I'd not seen it until yesterday and I have to say I wished I'd seen it sooner. It's a little on the dark side but it's really funny and very well done. Now I see why it was nominated for so many awards.

I digress...

But then came today, the day the blues came for a visit. I woke up, hit the gym, sweated it out for a good hour. Came home, showered and headed back out. More errands to run and then a trip back to the gaming store.

I had to take the Wii back.

Not because I wanted to but because it wasn't working properly. It was a refurb so I didn't expect perfection. But I did expect it to work. After we has hooked it all up last night we were figuring out controls and settings and such and after about 15 minutes of use the darn thing just shut down.

My sweetie checked the wires and such and ended up unplugging and reinserting the power cord and voila! It worked again. So we were fiddling with it some more before we watched "Up" and it did the same thing.

Turns out the vent fan wasn't working and the unit was overheating and tripping a fuse or something inside the box. But of course we couldn't open the case to see what it was for sure because if we did it negated the warranty. So we just boxed it back up and took it back and got our money back.

So I've been sad since we left the store. It's definitely not better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all. I really want a Wii. And now I have to wait for another refurb to show up or until I've saved enough to just buy a new one. And with a cruise, a wedding and other life events on the horizon, that's not gonna be anytime soon I suppose. *sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic