*~~* 300 *~~*

Yay, my 300th post.

O M G and I am still laughing about what just happened on the phone with a credit card company.

My fiance and I recently went legit by starting our own business to blanket our rental properties with. A way for us to protect our assets basically. Now, we do have lots of things that still need to be done on our properties, renovations to be made, expenses that need covered. And since we're not winning the lottery any time soon, we figured we'd seek out a small business credit card.

I applied for one through a major national bank on Monday using their online application process. This morning they called to "confirm information" and glean a little more info before making a final decision. After giving the representative everything BUT my weight and height, he put me on hold for a brief time.

When the rep came back he reviewed some basic info and then paused, dramatically. He then went on to say this:

"So, I'm looking at your credit and well........ there just isn't much there. I mean, I see your mortgage, your car loan, but nothing else unsecured. You just don't have enough credit and I'm afraid we cannot offer you anything at this time."

My response on the phone was to simply say thank you and then hang up. But what I really wanted to say was:

"Ok, really? I worked my credit score up from far below 450 to up above 750 in less than two years by paying off enormous amounts of debt. And now that I don't have that enormous amount of debt you can't offer me anything? Ludicrous!!!! I don't have debt because I worked my A$$ off eliminating it. But I guess you only want people who can't pay. Good luck with that, and good day. "

Really... *snort*

Aside from that it's day one of three of my off days for the week. I slept in a little, had that good laugh from the credit company, and am now sitting here composing my 300th post. I'm also kind of dreading the prospect of that Yoga class at 11, but I'm gonna do it if my sweetie ever makes it back with the car so I can get to the YMCA. He is having drama with the unemployment office and that never takes less than 2 hrs to remedy. He left at 8:30 and could be after noon before he returns.

Which reminds me that I need to call my guy at H&R Block and schedule a time to get my taxes done. You know, I've been planning to take what ever kind of return I get and use it to pay down a loan I have, but after that call with the credit card company I'm tempted to just go out and blow it all and keep the debt rolling. hahaha Geesh, that's just insane. And no, I'll be responsible and pay down (or possibly off) my debt.

Hmm, I'm also looking at a trip to GameStop where I will be trying to trade in my Nintendo DS Lite for credit towards a Wii today or tomorrow. I know there are two stores in my area that have refurb Wii's at a sale price and that they are offering $50 for DS Lites as trade in. Sooo, I might be getting a Wii at the same price as I'd have spent on that Roku thingy I'd considered getting before.

And my oh my, the ol' man just got back... quick... like a bunny.

Comments

Anonymous said…
congrats on 300...i've enjoyed them all....
Pipeline said…
What I got from that post mostly was the *snort*. lol My wife does that all the time. Hey, is the DS Lite in good shape? If so, offer it to me for $50. Email me: wesharding@gmail.com

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic