The Final Countdown

So I had a check-up with the midwife today.  Things are going swimmingly according to her.  I'm still measuring right on track, 35 cm at 35 weeks.  She guesstimates that baby girl weighs around 5 lbs at this time, saying that she'll likely come out around 7 lbs.  She also says that baby is still head down, settling into my pelvis and should be "dropping" any day.  Which will be a much appreciated bit of relief on my stomach and lungs. 

I am also now at the point where instead of every other week, I'll be going in to be checked every week, which means I'm seriously in the home stretch.  I'll be anxious to see where I am in the dilation and effacement world which will be checked for the first time at next weeks appointment.  I'll also be curious to see if I have the Group B Strep or not, as they will do that test next week as well.  If I test positive then I will have to take some sort of antibiotics during labor to keep from passing it to my baby.  If I'm negative then nothing will need to be done at all. 

I suppose I'll also have to make an attempt to remember to shave my legs before next weeks appointment.  I was a tiny bit embarrassed at my ankle stubble being exposed  today when the midwife checked for swelling.  But thankfully I have been trying to shave about once every 10 days and had recently done so, so it could have been much worse.  

My leg hair is growing slower than usual right now which is great.  So I don't have a need to shave as often as I normally would.  But it's become very cumbersome to shave my legs with my giant belly  starting to get in the way of things.  I kept wondering why women said they couldn't reach their toes or shave their legs while pregnant. Until about two weeks ago I had no trouble doing either.  But now, I've hit that point where it's tough to reach the lower half of my legs and darn near impossible to reach my toes with out serious contortion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello