* 500th Post *

Well here it is! My 500th Blog Post! 



*cue balloons, confetti, streamers and marching band*


What I love most about the fact that this happens to be my 500th post is that in it, I get to blog about my toilet.

Yep, my toilet.

Betcha thought it was gonna be something amazing....

Sorry to disappoint you, it's rather mundane in the grand scheme of things. But you  might find it entertaining.

I had just returned from an enjoyable day out and about getting some exercise and collecting my winnings from a Facebook contest I won.  I had come up stairs to relax a bit, remembering that I had towels in the wash that needed dried.  So I went into the new bathroom with the new laundry closet and took care of that.  While I was in there I figured I'd spare myself a return trip in twenty minutes and see if I could relieve myself.

(Details aren't necessary but I do want to say that nothing occurred that should have triggered the event that followed.)

After taking care of business I pushed down the flush handle and turned to the sink to wash my hands.  That done, I realized that the hand towel was in the mess of towels I'd just put in the dryer and I had to go over into the TV across the hall to get a paper towel to dry my hands on.

I then returned to the bathroom to grab the glass of water and cell phone I'd left on the vanity when I saw it... the toilet had flushed but fresh water had filled up the bowl, clear to the rim.  UGH! I waited a few minutes, watching as it slowly receded on it's own.  Once the bowl was empty I gave it another flush.

This was apparently the wrong thing to do. 

As the toilet attempted to flush the bowl filled, overflowed, and kept overflowing as I stood there flabbergasted as to why this was happening.

I'm sure it was funny, the look on my face, as I just stood there wondering why my floor was suddenly becoming a river.  It took a few minutes for me to realize it wasn't stopping any time soon and that the water was just constantly flowing and filling up my floor.  When reality finally hit, I reached down to turn off the toilet water supply to at least keep it from continuing to fill up my floor.

Thank goodness my hubby had sealed the floor well with silicone caulking all around the baseboards.  Had he not, most of that water would have went right down to the kitchen below making a second mess to be cleaned.

Once the water stopped flowing I grabbed the one spare towel in the closet and threw it on the floor.  It wasn't gonna be enough, so I waddled downstairs and got 7 more towels from the stash in the basement and grabbed the plunger and mop as well.

Cleaning up a mess like that isn't fun anytime,  but being 3 weeks shy of having a baby makes cleaning up anything below knee height a pain in the rear.  And thank goodness it was only water. I soaked up all the water I could with the spare towels I'd brought up and decided that since they were already soaked and on the floor I'd give the toilet a good plunging then turn the water back on to the toilet and see if my problem was resolved. 

The tank filled up, stopped and I stood there with my fingers on the flush lever feeling a little gun shy about even considering it.  But I managed to do it, closing my eyes and hoping for the best.  Everything appeared to work just fine.  I let the tank fill up two more times and flushed it twice more just to make sure before cleaning up the rest of the mess.

So now I've got a second load of towels in the washer and a mop and plunger drying off in the bathtub.

And I've got no idea why this happened in the first place.  There was no reason for it to have happened.  But it did and it was unfortunate but was remedied as quickly as a pregnant woman could manage. 

So there it is folks, my fabulous 500th Post.  I hope you enjoyed it. 





Comments

june in florida said…
The next time that will happen is when SHE toddles over to the toilet and drops a stuffed toy in.
Angela said…
Isn't that the truth. I'm sure there will be lots of things fished out of the toilet when she comes along. Hopefully none of them gets flushed. But kids will be kids. LOL
Julie said…
Congratulations on the 500 Milestone! I think I've read them all :)

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello