Chores

If someone were to be watching me today they might think I've got a small case of nesting going on.  But honestly, I'm just trying to get sh*t done.  The towels for both bathrooms needed washed.  The sheets and blanket that will go on my new bed needed to be washed as well.  I may or may not need that rug I'm washing as well, so I figured it should be fresh if I decide to use it in the new bathroom (that floor is kinda cold at night when I have to get up 2 million times to pee).

I also have to finish getting the head and foot board for my new bed painted and ready to be assembled, since the mattress and box spring are here and just waiting patiently in the corner of the nursery to be put to good use. 

And I will eventually have to wipe down some surfaces in the bathrooms, kitchen and nursery to keep them fresh and clean as well. 

But the best part about having all of these things to accomplish today is that while one load washes and another dries, and paint on one side of each the head and foot board dries, I get to play online and do other little things in between. 

Things like eat lunch; write out a few bills; fill out a bank deposit slip for when I finally get to leave the house later today; and clip my toenails, which is an epic feat at this point because I can barely reach my toes and have to get incredibly creative in order to tend to my tootsies. 

I also need to run the vacuum over the hardwood and tile floors to get up the dust that has accumulated in the past week.  But that may wait until tomorrow. 

Since Monday and Tuesday are "me" days, as hubby has evening apprenticeship classes after he gets off work, I don't have to fuss with a big dinner. And I don't really have to even bother looking nice or smelling good if I decide that's how I am gonna roll those days.  But since I do need to run out to do a few things this afternoon I will shower once I'm done painting.  And it will be a pleasure drying off with a freshly laundered towel.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello