Crazy Fun Weekend

Yesterday my sweetie and I put on some miles as we cruised through the Charleston Rod Run & Doo Wop car show. We hopped on our bicycles and rode downtown for the annual car show where we parked and walked a good portion of the Boulevard that runs along the Kanawha River while looking at some pretty sweet rides. We ended up spending around 4 hours walking along ogling vehicles of all makes and models before we pedaled back home.

Today we hit the highway and headed to the Milton Pumpkin Festival. And today I learned all about gourds. Did you know that most of those weird looking little gnarly gourds are useless, except for as "decoration"?

After we had seen all there was to see at the Pumpkin Festival and had our fill of nummy carnival foods, including hand dipped corn dogs, we headed up the road to a local Corn Maze. Oh how I wish I'd not had blisters on my little pigs from all the walking at the Doo Wop and the Pumpkin Festival, because I think I'd have really enjoyed the twists and turns of the maze. Instead it was like torture.

Thankfully we made record time through the maze and made it to the exit in 25 minutes. Once back in the car my little pigs were able to wee-wee-wee all the way to Olive Garden, where we had planned a surprise get together for my sisters' birthday.

Now, I'm home. Feet propped up. Relaxing. Watching The Simpsons. Dreading being on my blistered feet all day at work. But so it goes.

Comments

Ms. Crawford said…
Sounds like an amazing day, I am quite jealous and for several reasons. First, I love festivals and carnivals, and this sounds like it blows anything in FL out of the water. Second, I totally want to do one of those mazes! Lucky!

I can't believe you are right there in WV, the dome is so pretty, the whole area is pretty. When we head that way again I'd love to meet.
Angela said…
You just lemme know when you're coming through!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic