So Close...

The thumb is looking much better now. Still a little sore, but I'll survive.

I've currently got my feet up, my laptop atop my lap and a hot cup of coffee within reach. Damn I love days off!

I had some long days this week, Monday was the longest coming in at just over 12 1/2 hours. It was also the most stressful day because I was driving along some of the tightest, curviest roads in this grand state of West Virginia. Roads that give me anxiety in a car, let alone in a commercial vehicle with a very high center of gravity that is also filled with swishing liquid. Yikes!

But again I survived. Even if I did fall face first into bed less than a half hour after walking in the door. I'm happy that I'm finally working my scheduled work week, where I get three days off after four days on. Woo hoo. Now I've gotta condition myself for getting up earlier than I have been while in training. Which means I need to be going to bed around 8:30 - 9:00 pm. UGH. Not my idea of a good bedtime, but I'll get used to it after a week or so.

I'm just excited to get going on my own. I've gotta ride along at least two more days, Sunday with my "depot" boss and then Monday with the regional manager. So maybe, if things go well, I'll be doing it solo on Tuesday! I'm just finally get closer to being let loose to do my new job!

Before then, I'm gonna enjoy these three days off. Today errands, laundry, maybe even a hair cut. Tomorrow and Saturday.... we shall see!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Glad to hear things are going well for you and that you will be out on your own soon.

Keep us updated.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic