I like Mike

While not a complete disaster, since the trolley was not really as bad as I'd presumed it would be, was still a bust for me. It was hot as ballz and of course the trolley has no A/C. But despite sweat soaked clothing and a layer of grime and filth it only took a 15 minute shower to be remedied.

What got me most about the 8 hour trolley run was how I was constantly being compared to and sized up to the regular drivers' standards.

"Mike doesn't do that."
"Mike would help me with these bags."
"Mike would get closer to the curb."

And on and on... I swear I had to keep saying "I'm sorry I'm not Mike." and "Well that might be how Mike does it but I'm driving today so I'll just do it my way, ok?"

Mike (name changed to protect the innocent), aka the man that took vacation this week SPOILS his riders. He has his way of doing things and he certainly and quite obviously pampers the folks that are regular trolley riders.

I even had one guy get on and start digging through his pockets for change. He presented me with a half fare ID card so his charge was a nominal $0.35. He came up dry and said that Mike usually just lets him ride free. So of course I had to say "I'm not Mike and if you want to ride, you gotta pay the fare." He replied "We'll I must've left my change at home." So of course in my slight aggravation I said, "Well go home and get it then you can ride."

Of course someone else already aboard the trolley came up and dropped the thirty-five cents into the fare box and that was that. UGH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic