New Surfer Kicks

I just spent over 20 minutes letting Internet Explorer install it's newest version on my laptop. Of course, the first three times I tried to open it after installing and then restarting my computer it crashed. Fourth time it worked, but froze up for like 8 minutes and then everything looked weird as hell.

I'd had it. Internet Explorer has been giving me fits for months. Freezing up all the time, screwing with my surfing and blogging and status updating and such.

So I decided to do something I'd been considering for some time. I went over to mozilla.com and downloaded the latest version of Firefox.

Soooooooo much better.

Now, does anyone know if I can actually uninstall IE? I've tried locating it in my control panel in the add/remove software section but apparently it's trickier than I thought to find.

Of course with my luck, it's impossible to remove IE and I'll be stuck with it hiding in the corner pointing it's nasty little finger at me, hexing me for replacing it and hoping some loser friend of its' gives me a Trojan virus.

Well sorry IE. You're nothing to me. Dead to me. I'm moving on.

Comments

Chip said…
Firefox has an issue with memory leaks.... Get Google Chrome.

As far as uninstalling IE, open your control panel (Start | Control Panel), find either "Add/Remove Programs" or "Programs and Features" (depending on your version of Windows) and open it.

In there, off to the side or something, there will be a link to something about Windows programs or features.

In there, you'll see Internet Explorer. Just uncheck it and click "OK" or "Apply".

Done! Thy dragon shall be slayed.

Oh, don't uninstall until you settle on a replacement so you can import bookmarks :)
Angela said…
As long as the memory doesn't leak onto my leg while I use my laptop, it's okay with me (especially since I have no idea what mem leaks are).

And thanks, I'll be uninstalling IE before too long. On this and my desktop.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic