The Boss

That's what I'm calling my gallbladder now.... since it's dictating my life as a whole right now. I put food in my mouth and within the hour it tells me in doses of pain how much is likes or hates what I gave it. If it hates it, it makes me work late. If it likes it, I get a short break until I do something that pisses it off again (which I typically will).

Right now it's been confirmed that The Boss is an a$$hole and needs to find another job. But the doctor wants to make sure I'm good to go before having it removed from its' position. So on Monday morning I have to go drink a couple of cups of barium and let an x-ray machine see my insides.

Basically they want to check out my small intestines to make sure there isn't anything wrong with them before proceeding to the surgical suite. Since I had been seen and treated for a small bowel infection back in May the doctor feels like it's too high risk to proceed with surgery without first checking things out to make sure none of that nonsense hung out and set up camp in there.

I'm not looking forward to this test. As far as I know there aren't any needles involved. But I have to manage to get down the liquid infused barium drink. And though I've never had such pleasure, I'm told it's NOT Starbucks... even cold day old Starbucks. So it's gonna be tough. Of course, once I get that crap down it's all laying around getting irradiated again. I'm used to that at this point. I've had more exposure to radiation in the past 6 months than most people have in a lifetime.

I'm still miffed over it. I know the doc just wants to be sure nothing else is wrong or could go wrong post-op. Safety first and all. But I'm tired of having to deal with the pain. Everything I eat just about makes me have some level of discomfort or pain. From a minor twinge to downright screaming pain. And I never know what's gonna do what. Even something I may have eaten with no real trouble yesterday could decide to cause me pain today. So it's hit or miss and since I'm an eater... I play roulette with every meal.

I could starve... or eat miserly meals. But then it's just attacks of pain with more hunger between them.

So I'll wait, eat, and hurt a few more days. Allegedly if the test results come back clear I could be going for surgery within the confines of next week. I'm not holding my breath, however. I keep thinking and hoping that "after the next test" I'll be rid of The Boss.

Yet here I sit, with that a$$hole still propping his feet up on his desk and laughing as I cry out in pain.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic