Click - Click - Click - Click

Want to annoy me?

Just make some repetitive noise like clicking a pen or tapping your foot. Kinda like the woman conducting my EEG this morning did. How on earth was I supposed to relax while she clicked that damn pen for 4 minutes straight?!?!

I do think the test went well. The technician was a little rough with the attaching of the sensors to my scalp. But otherwise it was a pain-free experience. I'd never had a waking EEG before and so overall it was weird for me. My previous EEG's have been of the "sleep deprivation" sort during which the patient (me) is allowed to sleep during the test. This one however was a little different.

I was fully awake. I was instructed lay on my back and relax. Next I was told to open and close my eyes at what were apparently timed intervals. Then I was suffered three minutes of alternating 3 second on 3 second off strobe lighting, each time at a different speed of flashing. UGH, that was probably the most annoying part aside from her incessant pen clicking later in the test.

After that I rested for a bit with eyes closed and then she handed me a dollar store special pinwheel. I was told to inhale deeply and blow steadily out to make the pinwheel spin over and over again. I did this exercise for three minutes. I was way lightheaded by the end of that task.

I was then able to lay still and relax for the rest of the test, which was roughly 15 minutes. It was, of course, during this time period that the technician began her annoying repetitive noise torture. Bah! I did manage to relax a good bit just in time for the test to be over.

I'll likely be awaiting results until Friday, unless I'm really lucky and hear from them tomorrow. The crap part is that my HR department wants to know I'm cleared ASAP in order to allow me to return to work Sunday morning. And at this rate, unless I do get lucky tomorrow, I may not make it back until Monday. Bah bah bah. >:(

I am actually getting annoyed with being off work though. I can't imagine what it would be like to be labeled "disabled" and unable to work ever again. I'd wither and die probably. On the other hand, I'm not really looking forward to going back. I'm a little nervous about it, worried I'll get myself passed out again. But I have to work to earn my keep. And keep myself motivated. I'll just have to be aware and careful and vigilant of my body's reactions to things and not over do it.

Comments

Ms. Crawford said…
The waiting is always the hardest part! I hate waiting to hear results to anything... It is pure torture! We hope everything is cleared for you and you get to go back to work! Keep us posted and hang in there!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up