Healin' Feelin'

I'm beginning to feel better since my incident this past Tuesday. My knee and now apparently my back are having the toughest time with recovery. But overall I'm starting to feel normal again. My company has respected my doctors' orders of "no driving" until I've had my EEG, which is one of my final exams as a result of all this mess. So I'm being paid sick and vacation hours to give me a paycheck while I'm at home awaiting the EEG.

I have the EEG this coming Wednesday, and it's mainly just a precaution to check for seizures since I had them in early childhood. From what the doc said they can come back at any time and in any capacity. When I was little my mom had thought I was going deaf and took me to my pediatrician who then referred me to get an EEG. He said I could hear just fine, but that I was likely having petit mal seizures, in which I was entering a trance like state and thus not responding to her calls or other stimuli. The EEG then turned out postive for the seizure and I was placed on a regimen of medications to control them. Around age 8 I was cleared and weened off of the meds and delcared to no longer be suffering from the seizures. Since then I'd never had another episode of them.

But having had that in my medical history I get the pleasure of having the EEG to rule out the possibility of seizures. I feel quite sure that it will turn up negative. But I have to accept that anything is possible.

I have one more exam after that but not until much later this month. I have to wear a Holter Monitor for 24 hours. The Holter monitors your heart looking for abnormal rhythms and such. But it's not something that will prevent me from working or anything.

As of right now, workers comp has denied my claim but I think I will consult with a lawyer to see if I have a case for an appeal. Again, that's not something I want to go into detail about on here but just know I'm not giving up without a fight. I did pass out, fall and injure myself while at work and I feel that there should be some sort of compensation for it.

On the aside, life is going along at a fair clip. I cannot believe it's already March. The cruise which we have been planning for nearly two years is fast approaching. My wedding is only a couple of months away. And time just keeps flying by.

Comments

i'm so glad to hear that you're feeling better...hopefully it won't be long before the knee and your back get in line and stop hurting too.....i know all this testing, etc. is a pain in the butt.... we're thinkin of ya and pullin for ya and all that other encouraging stuff!!!....take care and good luck with the disability claim.....it makes me nuts that we pay into all this stuff and then have to fight to get any help from it when needed and deserved!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up