What's the hold up?

Yeah so I was all excited to get back to work today. Okay okay you got me. But let's just say I was excited. Nevertheless I was prepared. I even strapped on my steel toe boots. If that doesn't say "lets do this" I don't know what does.

I turned on my company cell phone and saw that I had a message from my boss saying "you're clear to work call john to see what the schedule is". You see, my boss is out of town getting valuable training and this John is filling in as shop manager in his stead. So I call John. Left him a voice mail and waited.

While I waited I figured I'd get a few errands taken care of. So I headed out and about. Still not getting a call back after an hour I decided to text him for info. And as of yet, still no return call or text. And I can't get anyone else to answer me either.

Now either I've been fired and didn't know it or am being avoided. I tend to think the latter is the case. But either way, kinda rude.

I do know that the shop is down to one truck at the moment and so even if I were able to jump in and work I'd have to work with the other two drivers to schedule a time to be in the one truck. So I guess maybe it's better if I wait until my regular shift starts on Sunday so I'm not stuck doing midnights or something crazy like drawing straws with the two other drivers.

I dunno. BAH!

But whatever, changes are on the horizon and if things go well it won't be a concern much longer.

Oooh... bait. Bite fishy bite!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up