Q & A with Gi-Gi Roxx - Round 2

I have three plus one questions from anonymous posters I'll be answering today.

Keep the questions coming folks, and if I haven't gotten to your question(s) yet just give me time!

1) Why did you choose otr trucking as a career?

I love driving and love travel and wanted to see the country. I also have had trucking in the back of my mind for many years before I finally jumped ship and decided it was time to sink or swim in the world of transportation. I can remember countless instances where I would tell a friend or family member that being a truck driver just seemed like something I'd quite like to do. And as it turned out, it was a really good fit for me.

Plus how awesome is it that I can drive a big rig? Pretty awesome if you ask me.

2) Why did you leave otr trucking for awhile and then return?

I could give you a generic answer that is a common answer I give when people I know in the industry realize I'm back after just over a year off... which is typically "I was getting antsy and lonely and had a wedding to plan and wanted to be home at the end of each day." But that's not the nitty gritty answer.

The real heart of it was that I thought it was time to quit playing around and be serious about life. I felt like I needed to get a job at home since my then boyfriend had become my fiance and my personal life was obviously taking a more serious turn. It seemed like the "right thing to do" so to speak. Once I'd made the choice to start looking for a job that would get me off the road I became obsessed with the quest and subsequently the misery of being "away" set in.

Some thought me crazy when I decided to return, reminding me of that last few months before I left the open road when I was so miserable. But the truth of the matter is that I only became miserable because I'd become so fixated on getting home.

Honestly, I love this job. I have loved it since day one. It has it's moments, but it's just something I feel like I was made to do. So when the opportunity presented itself and reality set in it was an easy transition to being back on the road.

3) What other career would you want if you didn't drive for a living?

Bus driver..... NOT!

I have ideas about what I'd do professionally when it is time to get off the road again. I've been interested in pharmaceuticals and might consider trying to become a Pharmacy Tech or something. Maybe even go to trade school for something in the medical field, more office less hands on that is. Of course I've always wanted to be a rock star....

But my truest desire is to spend a few good years being a stay-at-home mom (maybe I just like hyphenated careers?) and hopefully my life will veer in that direction and give me that opportunity.

4) How come you went back to the pumpkin and not someone else?

This is a very good question, one which I get a lot. Honestly I came back to this company because I knew what to expect. I know how they operate, know their rules and regulations. I know they respect their drivers and have strong company values. And they are HUGE on safety. Plus, I know what I can and cannot get away with.

And well... all of my clothes are emblazoned with the company name and logo and it seemed a bit boorish to consider wearing that stuff at some other company.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic