Down Time

Well I hadn't anticipated sitting around today. I left the truck stop and made it to my delivery location earlier than I'd expected, but then I remembered it is Saturday and traffic in Atlanta isn't nearly as terrible on the weekends as it is during the week.

When I got to my delivery point things went well. I got in, dropped and parked out of the way waiting for my next work assignment. I was about to give up waiting and grab an empty and head over to a truck stop but just as I'd made this decision I got my next dispatch. The load was picking up at right where I was at.

I went into the dispatch office at the facility to inform them I was picking up instead of just grabbing an empty and was told that the load wasn't ready yet. Of course. She disappeared for a few minutes and returned with the news that the load wasn't even scheduled to be loaded until around midnight. And of course, if I left the property I was going to require an empty to return to pick up the load. So I grabbed an empty after all and then hit the road.

I'll be staying at our Atlanta company terminal for the night. Stuffing my face with pizza and knocking out a few episodes of the X-Files. Then I'll go back in the morning and get my load and roll up to Charlotte with it. I'm hoping this coming week will be better for the miles. This week has been weak.

Comments

june in florida said…
Thank you,got the pics,found if i put the curser on the word it highlighted,brilliant invention, dumb me.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Mmm...Jello