Mother's Day

I have a lot of very special mothers in my life these days. My stepmother, my family members and so many of my friends, all wonderful mothers. I wish them all a very special day today, and everyday, as they navigate the roads of motherhood.

But honestly, I've always felt like Mother's Day only is for the one woman in my life who made me, raised me, and guided me through the trials of growing up. My mom was a wonderful person, with her own special sparkle in the world of motherhood. She wasn't perfect, by any means, but who is? But, despite her faults and imperfections, she was the perfect mother to me.

I will always keep her in my heart, day by day, missing her, yet feeling as if she is with me always. My siblings and I lost our mother on New Years Day 12 years ago. But though she is not with us in body, she will always be with us in spirit. Guiding us, keeping us safe, and reminding us that her love is eternal.

Barbara Ann - 3/8/1953 - 1/1/2000


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic