Reading

As I sit and wait to be able to deliver a load tonight at 10pm, I have been using my free minutes to read. I have a tendency to go through phases where I will read a boat load of books unable to satisfy my thirst for words. And then I'll have periods where I won't read even the warning signs on the highway (just kidding, of course). I've not been doing much reading for about two months now and have had about 8 books sitting in my truck waiting to be opened. Three days ago I finally cracked the cover of Fahrenheit 451 and finished it yesterday.

After closing the back cover I spent a few moments contemplating all that I had just read. I generally try to do this so I can determine of the text of the book just emblazoned onto my gray matter is worth keeping for future use, worth holding onto for its moral or ethical values, or if it's something I just simply enjoyed ready and will store in the back drawers of my memory. I decided I needed to hold the file for this particular book near the front of my internal stacks.

Decision made, I then decided to grab another book lent to me by my sister and start reading it. I made it about halfway through that book yesterday and will probably finish it either today or tomorrow. It's a good read, a book by Tess Gerritsen called The Mephisto Club. I've read a few of her other novels, most of which are some sort of medical murder mystery. The author herself is a medical physician and so her novels are filled with accurate depictions of medical knowledge. It makes for some informative and captivating reading.

I've got another book already picked out for next in line, another loaner from my sister by Nora Roberts. It is actually one of her trilogy series bound into one book, which includes the titles "Born in Fire", "Born in Ice", and "Born in Shame". I'm not sure what it's about, as my sister rarely ever discusses any of the books she loans to me until after I've read them. But if it's anywhere near as good as her other trilogies that I've read then I'm sure to be very pleased when I turn the last page.

So there, that's what I'm doing with my time. Hopefully by 16:30 to 17:00 I'll be tired enough to take a little nap before I drive the remaining 30 miles to make my late night delivery. Regardless, I'll be back where I am right now when I'm done for another day of R & R. I hate getting off my sleeping schedule and won't allow myself to get off permanently. So more than likely, I'll be doing just as I am right now sometime tomorrow, illegally idling for an hour to charge up my trucks batteries and that of my laptop as well.

Comments

Bijou said…
Great blog!

If you enjoy the BORN IN series you might also like the CHESAPEAKE BAY series(4).
Angela said…
My favorite series so far of Nora's has been the Three Sisters trilogy. It was fantastic.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up