Bloggie

Well I am not sure how far I will get into this blog post because I'm in a no idle state and therefore can't provide constant juice to my laptop. Without said juice, my battery will only last about two hours... of which I've already used about 50%. So here goes nothing... let's see how fast I can type! ha!

So far, being plugged (and thence plugging myself in my previous post) in the Pilot Challenge Magazine has not yet increased flow to my blog. I'm not complaining, because as one commenter put it...now I'll have to blog more! And those of you who are devoted readers know how infrequently I've been posting of late, and you let me know all about it! ;o)

It's not for lack of things to blog about, that's for sure. Everyday there is something new, some mini-adventure that I end up navigating my way through. I've just not had the energy to blog. I was pretty sick for just about the whole month of January. I'm feeling nearly 100% again and have finally had energy to catch up on e-mails and such. But when I find myself looking to waste time during which I am not working, I have been leaning towards reading or playing with my Nintendo DS.

So there... get over it. :oP

I've also not been running a whole lot lately, which yesterdays' paycheck reminded me of so painfully. The week ending today will produce a more lucrative paycheck next week, thankfully! And I hope that it is a sign that things are going to pick up even a little. Of course, if they keep sending me up into the northeast (as I am right now) I may never make what I was making before Christmas! There is never anything moving out of here, or so it seems.

I did get lucky after delivering a load in Mass. last evening and spending the night wondering if I would be sitting there for the whole weekend. Around noon today, as I lay reading Ray Bradbury's Fahrenheit 451, my Qualcomm started beeping with a load assignment.

It turned out to be a crappy one that I will sit on for over 24 hrs in New Hampshire before I can deliver it tomorrow night. I shouldn't complain about loads being that freight is so soft everywhere right now, but this one has three strikes against it.

One being that I had to pick it up and will now sit on it until I can deliver it tomorrow night. Two being that it can't even deliver until 11 pm tomorrow night... I am NOT a happy night driver and prefer never to do this, but I have no choice. And the third strike is that I have to unload the load myself with a pallet jack, which I've managed quite successfully to this point never to have to do thanks to lumpers.

Now the last strike there may end in happiness because I may get there and have the option of hiring a lumper. But if not, I'll certainly have something to blog about after delivering! I've only hand unloaded one other load by myself. You can read all about that experience HERE. And honestly, I would prefer to not have to do it again. So here's to hoping there are lumpers available!

But at least I know I'll be going home again this coming weekend. Yeah, for Valentine's Day... although I'm not any kind of advocate for this Hallmark Holiday. I just planned it out that my days off will be three weeks apart and it happened that the VD weekend was in that place. A couple of years ago, my sweetie bought me a Baskin Robbins Ice Cream cake in the shape of a heart and had, and I quote... "Happy VD" with a frowny face with X'd out eyes on it. I can't even imagine the thoughts that went through the head of the poor girl as she reluctantly iced his request onto the cakes' surface.

Anywho. I'm starting to get wary that my battery is going to die so I am gonna hop off here before I shut down. I've got about 33% power which is about 5 minutes.... toodles!

Comments

Anonymous said…
does your company just not like u or what.....i would be soooo pissed.....

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up