The Pay Off

As I sat and blogged, chatted with online friends and generally wasted time just goofing I started hearing the sound I most love to hear when I'm waiting for a load... the beeping Qualcomm.

It started shortly before 3 pm and left me delighted to see that I had a load taking me damn near directly to my front steps. It has brought me to Maine for the night where I shall patiently await the morning hours when I can make the rest of my journey towards my pick up destination. I'm not enthused about the weight of the load I shall have to bear back to the hills of West Virginia, but hey... it's gonna give me a fair bit of mileage to make next payday somewhat worthwhile.

Apparently the load is going to be just heavy enough to be under gross, but I've been asked to make sure I have LESS than 3/4 tank of fuel at all times. This should be interesting! I will arrive in my home state and even get to spend the night in my bed on Wednesday. Thursday morning I shall wake up and deliver the load down the river a bit and then go back home empty to begin my three days off. It will indeed be pleasant!

Here's to hoping things go smoothly for the next couple of days!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hmm, sounds like a New Page load at Rumford, ME to me.
Angela said…
Nope, nestle bottled water load.
Anonymous said…
After reading about your adventure with bottled water, I'll bet you are wishing for a New Page load.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up