Really?

I make a choice to pursue something and I get nowhere. Today I made a few phone calls but all I got were voice mail inbox's and my hopes up. I really had hoped to speak to a real live human regarding a few things today but alas, it wasn't in the stars. So I will have to wait for returned phone calls, which of course will probably lead to a game of phone tag since I am almost always working and can't answer the phone when someone finally calls me back.

I might get lucky tomorrow and be able to accept a return call depending on what happens in the morning at work. I am not scheduled to work a run but instead will be required to suit up and sit at the garage for three hours while on "protection". Basically the duty of protection is bullcrap, but I get paid for it so I shouldn't bitch.

I am supposed to be there to be available should someone not show up for their shift on time or at all or if they call in at the last minute. Then I'm a already there and can go at a moments notice. I've done protection once and managed to simply spent the whole three hours reading a book and conversing with other drivers as they came and went for their shifts. That protection was an evening deal. Since this one is morning I have a feeling that I won't get so lucky to just sit around this time. I'll probably end up filling in for someone, and with my luck it will happen at the last possible minute. Ya know when I've got 10 minutes left on my duty time and am anxious to go home.

But one never knows. Maybe I'll pull protection, sit on my rump the entire time and then come home to snuggle in my bed for the rest of the morning. Since protection is typically 3 hours I can be home and tucked back in for a nap by, oh say, 8:30.

Here's to hoping!

Although what I really should do if I don't get pulled for a route fill-in is head up to the physical therapy place and get in another day. I went this morning and enjoyed a few new exercises and then some deep heat therapy. No old balls today, by the way. In case you were wondering.

Ooh, and I also need to go to the store to pick up some essential items for a treat I'm gonna try making. Tonight I spent the better part of two hours gutting a pumpkin, roasting seeds and also cooking and pureeing the remaining pumpkin which I will be using to make a home made pumpkin pie.

Wish me luck!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up