Floaters

No, no I've not found a dead body in the river. Although, if I ever do I'm totally poking it with a stick. But I digress....

No, the title line is referring to the little annoying piece of crap floating around inside my eyeball that is making quite a nuisance of itself lately. Below is the best representation of what I "see" that I could find on the internet. Crazy isn't it? Unlike the photograph below, I usually only see one, it's in my right eye and it changes shape constantly. At one point earlier today it was shaped like one of those "remember" ribbons. At another point it was more like a knotted up shoe lace.



It's pretty annoying to be moving along doing daily things like driving, walking, watching TV, playing Angry Birds....whatever... and this little stringy thing pops into view and gets all up in my business. It's distracting for one thing, and just plain annoying for another. I was driving to Huntington today to have lunch with my friend and the little bastard floating around in my eye decided to hang out for the whole ride.

It was raining too, so that made it even more annoying than usual. As if it wasn't hard enough to see where I was going, the squiggly little friend living in my eye had to be part of the problem. I tried driving with my eye closed but that was probably not a good idea so I stopped.

I found a website online that says 'floaters' are common and completely normal. A typical part of aging...

F*CK Aging.

As if I'm some old bag already. I'm a fresh young thirty-something. I shouldn't have parts of my eyeball falling apart yet! Dang!

Of course that website also said that should your floaters become multiple in number, be accompanied with flashes of light that aren't actually occurring in the world around you and/or loss of peripheral vision that you should see a doctor immediately. Apparently those things together could be a sign of a retinal tear or detachment. Yikes.

Luckily it's just the one little squiggle sh*t for now.

Maybe I'll name it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Blowin' Stuff Up