O M G Really?

So yeah I'm gonna blow off some steam. We all get angry right? We all get pissed off and need a good vent right? Well here's one for ya.

How do you file a workers compensation claim, get denied, appeal, get denied again and then mysteriously 5 months later you find out that less than 30 days ago the workers compensation paid PART of a medical bill relating to the claim without telling the parties involved in the now lawsuit that they had done so?

Yeah. That's what happened to me today. I had went into my lawyers office this morning to give a telephonic deposition. I swore in, answered a million ridiculous questions most of which completely unrelated to the incident, did my damnedest to be honest and accurate, I perspired, flushed, shook, and was all around a nervous wreck because of it.

Then my lawyer calls me later this afternoon telling me of a possible "settlement" offer. It's a crap offer... seriously, that's the best they could do? And then thinking about the incident and related hospital visits I decided to call and inquire about the amounts owed for the services rendered for specific one visit, the ER visit. Which was the highest bill accrued during this mess.

Turns out... a partial payment was made to the account by the workers comp company less than 30 days ago. The billing department adjusted the bill well over three grand and accepted a payment of nearly one grand. Leaving just over a grand left on the account... which I'm sure the workers comp folks expected me to pay out of the miserly settlement offer they're considering.

Seriously? How are you gonna pay out workers compensation on a claim you denied... not once but two times!? And not tell a soul you paid on it?! I immediately called my lawyer who was shocked. And he is planning to call their lawyer who will probably be shocked as well.

UGH!?!?!?!?! I'm so frustrated.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic