Looking to the future...

Tomorrow is the day. I finally meet with a surgeon to discuss my surgical future. I'm scared and excited and a wee bit nervous.

Plus after the latest round of medical bills that arrived in the mailbox today I'm kinda dreading it. I know surgery is going to be way more expensive than a few overnights and a couple of tests.

Oi!

Fun stuff to forget my woes... My hubby and I went out and about enjoying the sunny day today. We stopped and drooled over the newest bit of awesomeness at the Nissan Dealership, the 2011 Murano Convertible. Yup.. I want one. But I'll never afford that! Loaded it is $48K! YIKES!



We then went and drooled over the 2011 Juke, which is just as awesome but much more affordable at a mid-range price of $21K. Sure, it's not a convertible but it's still freaking sweet. I think when the time comes and I can afford to upgrade from the Versa I'll be torn between the Juke and my dream car, the Volvo C-30.


Of course by the time I am able to afford an upgrade something more awesome and amazing will come along and catch my eye.

After the dealership we hit the interstate and headed up to South Point Ohio to check out windows at The Grandview Outlet center for building supplies. We're going to be starting work on our house soon and we need to replace some windows and thought that would be the best place to start getting prices.

Unfortunately they didn't have anything that fit our needs. But we did find ourselves in a different building owned by the same company where they had cabinet samples and since we're going to be doing a kitchen during our remodeling we got some prices from them for that. We fell in love with one particular set of cabinets. Of course, they were the expensive ones. But man they're nice.

After we finished up drooling over cabinets we headed back to West Virginia. My hubby took me to my new favorite place for sweet treats. It's called Francois Pastry Shop.

And. It's. Amazing.

We got a few selections from the menu including Mint Leaves, which are tiny little mint creme filled chocolates shaped like leaves. And I have no idea what the other two treats we picked out were called but one has a cookie kind of crust with a raspberry filling and a ring of almonds and the other was the same kind of cookie crust and filling but in bite size form without the almonds. The bite sized one was amazing and so I'm looking forward to the large one because it can only be more amazing thanks to it's size!

We also picked out a muffin each, I got a cinnamon muffin and hubby got a blueberry muffin. I can't wait for breakfast. :)

After the pastry shop we strolled through the Huntington Rose Garden and then tried to go visit the Heritage Museum but it was already closed when we got there, at 3:30... why would a museum close at 3 o'clock? So, downhearted and running out of energy we wended our way through town back to the highway and headed home.

I'd say it was a pretty good day off. I daydreamed about cars, got pastries and spent quality time with my sweetie. What more could a girl ask for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic