Huge Good News

My husband received news that he has been selected for the Apprenticeship program at the Local Plumbers & Pipefitter's Union. This is big, actually HUGE, for him. It will finally thrust him right into the career path he's been wanting to get into.

He recently started classes for at a Community & Technical College for HVAC (heating and cooling basically) full time. But he will probably be asked to drop out of that class so that he can focus his full attention and efforts on the classes he will be attending two nights a week for the Apprenticeship program.

He will also probably get job offers fairly quickly once he's started his Apprenticeship training and could land a job sooner rather than later, as he would have through the Tech Class. He will likely end up making around what I am making right now and get incremental raises until he tops out at over double what I am making right now.

He's so excited and I'm certainly excited for him. He'd interviewed for the program last year and didn't get selected that round. They had interviewed around 90 people and only took around 12 apprentices last year. This year they interviewed about the same number of people and while we haven't gotten word on how many were selected, rumor has it that it was only about 5-7 people.

I think this is by far the biggest blessing for our little household this year. It finally opens the doors for him to get into a career field he's passionate about and will excel at. I just know he's going to do great with this and I am already so proud of him for having gotten this far. He will start training later this month with the Union. I'm so excited for him!

Way to go baby!

Comments

KEVIN said…
I work in sprinkler systems. I really enjoy the job. I like the testing and maintenance side if it. As for the installs...not so much....but to each their own! I hope he does well.
Anonymous said…
Good for him I did mine in the UA 170 Vancouver BC. So what trade is he? I'm a pipefitter and are we ever in demand.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic