Anxious to Follow Up

Today I meet with my surgeon for a follow-up appointment. I'm not really too concerned about the visit. I'm hoping she snips out these stitches and maybe tells me what ended up being wrong with my gallbladder. Surely pathology has had time to run all their tests on it.

I'm healing up well and feeling better each day. But I'm still having some muscular pain on my right side, probably from where they punctured through them to remove the gallbladder. I removed all of my bandaging late last week so I could let the wounds (man I hate that word) get some fresh air and get cleaned. I know the doc said to let the Steri-Strips fall off on their own but I couldn't wait. They were looking grimy and I was more afraid they'd cause me to get an infection.

Speaking of which, the thrush is completely cleared up and I couldn't be happier. That was just about as unpleasant as the surgery itself.

Since I've been off work and sitting around healing a lot has gotten done. I finished reading book 6 of 7 in the Harry Potter series, and cried like a blubbering baby at the end of it. I have helped my hubby design two bathrooms that we've been dying to get a start on remodeling. The rooms have been gutted for years, and the other day we scored big at a surplus auction and got just the right amount of motivation to finally get in gear on getting them redone.

We won a cabinet, vanity top with sink, and four windows. The hubby got busy right away at removing the old crappy windows and installing the new fabulous ones. I helped as much as I could tolerate. Which wasn't much. But he said he appreciated it anyway.

The day after three of the windows in the bathrooms were installed we cleaned out all the junk that we'd be storing in the rooms for only heaven knows how long. A lot of it went straight into the trash pile. A couple bits went to Goodwill and the rest went into another room for later use.

We made great progress but in the midst of it all I managed to pull or somehow piss off a muscle in my right side even more than it already had been. I was useless the next day, where I spent the day on the couch watching an Ugly Betty marathon on Netflix.

So today I see the surgeon, get info and prognosis and see what she thinks about clearing me for work. I drove for the second time since surgery yesterday and wasn't really all that comfortable with it. I imagined myself behind that giant wheel on the bus and realized I am gonna be hurting doing my bus driver duties even if I wait until Monday to return to work. But I have to get back, I need the money badly and I'm going stir crazy sitting around the house all gimped up unable to do much of anything.

But I'll not push the doc to release me. If she wants me to wait another week, I will. Because the last thing I need is to really hurt myself and set myself back on my recovery. *sigh*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic