Four Letter Word

S N O W.

The nastiest four letter word in my opinion.

Oh sure sure, we're not getting pounded here in Charleston as hard as they are in say Boston, today. But for this area, we're getting hit pretty good. I did manage to drag my butt out of bed. I got dressed and drove to the shop for work. But that's as far as I got.

After talking to another driver who was alreaady out and about had called to warn me about the road conditions deteriorating quickly, I figured I'd check with the boss. He said it was up to me whether or not to risk it. I debated, checked weather and road condition reports via the internet, and finally decided it wasn't in my best interest or the rest of the motoring publics' for that matter, for me to go out today.

So I dusted the snow off of the car for the second time today and headed home. I will have to go back in a while, to the shop at least, for personnel evaluation meeting with the boss. And I've asked him if he would pick up some cleaning supplies and I could at least get some hours in by cleaning up the inside of the trucks today. I'll likely end up running a route tomorrow now, thanks to that damn snow outside. Which sucks, because it's supposed to be my day off tomorrow.

But we'll see. I might just take the paycheck hit and forget about it. If the boss doesn't demand that I work, I won't demand to work.

On the other hand... cool things I have experienced lately are yours for the reading over at Experience This. Just a thought... ;o)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic