Clever Blog Title ;o)

The holidays are done. The new year has begun. I'm plugging right along at work, doing what I'm expected to do, no more, no less. I LIVE for my three days off, which is kind of depressing. I'm still not really liking my job. The job is good enough, it pays well, and I have figured out most of the stuff I didn't really learn in training. I can trouble shoot problems for the most part, but honestly... still not quite feeling it.

I do it, because they are paying me to do it. But I'm not enjoying it. Well, no that's not really true either. I thoroughly enjoy the being behind the wheel part of it. I've opted for most of the out of town runs because it gives me more drive time. And while the trucks we have are loud, bouncy, and quite uncomfortable, I love to drive. So I'll suffer for those moments of enjoyment.

In the non-work related world... I'm sore. I finally started using that YMCA membership I've been paying for for 3 months. I've just got to make it up there today and then I get a break until my next three days off. I'm just doing cardio work, lots of it for my outta shape trucker body. For the past two days I've done 30 minutes on the treadmill, keeping my heart rate at or above 135 and then 25 minutes on the recumbent bike doing the pre-programmed cardio workout.

I pant and sweat and curse the me that spent three + years sitting idle in my truck getting fat and lazy. I've got a LOT of work ahead of me to get back into shape. But I've got to do it. Really. Got. To. Do. It. No pain no gain, right?

Hmmm...what else.

Oh yeah, Mother Nature, I'd really appreciate it if you'd keep this white crap off my lawn. Homegirl over at The Daily Rant loves this stuff... send it her way. But stop dumping it in my city. I don't like it. Thanks.

Comments

Ms. Crawford said…
I hope your new job starts to grow on you a little more, hopefully it will. And I totally know the struggle with the weight, come summer I am jogging at truck stops! It is too cold now, at least that is my excuse lol.
The Daily Rant said…
You're exercising?? Wow. Great for you! I need to do the same....but I fear it's not going to happen.

As for sending the white stuff my way - not gonna happen, unfortunately. Why don't we do one of those house-swap things and you can come to Arizona and I can live in West Virginia?

If you need a little push, I'll just tell you that it was something like 74 degrees today. (I know it was in the 70's but don't know the exact temperature because once it goes over 63, it's too hot for me.)

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic