Of course...

This week (and for who knows how long) we're down to just one truck again while the other is in a shop getting it's tank inspected internally. Last time we did this, the truck was down for 13 days. I really hope they don't take so long again. It's a pain in the butt finding happy mediums in the working schedules when we're down to just one truck.

So far this week Sunday was easy because I'm the only scheduled driver on that day. Monday and Tuesday I share the road with another driver who LOVES getting an early start. As in he rolls at around 2 am and is back usually before 11 am. This has been great, but today who knows how it's gonna go.

The other driver on the road today is that "other new guy" I mentioned in my last post. The one that my paranoia believes is out to get me. I texted my boss yesterday while out and about on my afternoon shift to see what time the other guy was gonna be coming in, and never got a response.

Of course. So I stayed up late watching Dexter in hopes that I would sleep in enough so that when my shift rolled 'round I'd not be too exhausted to do it. Of course, I woke up at 8:30 so that didn't work out quite the way I'd hoped.

Oh and to boot, it's raining right now, but it's supposed to switch over to snow sometime around noon. So my shift will be in the snow. Of course. But it is my last day for the week which makes me happy. Of course.

Why all of the "of course's"?

Apparently that's my theme for the week. It started Monday when my sweetie and I went to a bank to close an account. The Friday before we had deposited a check into that account and figured that on Monday it should be cleared and allow us to withdrawal the money. So we went to the branch where we had made the deposit but were informed that they cannot close accounts . So I said "of course" as we left and headed to the main branch in downtown.

So we get there, park, go in and wait to be seen by someone who can close accounts. When we got into the personal bankers office and started the process of closing the account, he clicked away at his keyboard and then asked us if we wanted our $500 in cash or check form.

At this we asked if he meant $900? Then the issue became another "of course" moment when he told us that there was indeed only $500 in the account. So we had to leave, go home, find the receipt where we had made the deposit on Friday, return and start over. Of course, no record of that transaction was anywhere to be found and after much ado, he finally informed us that checks simply take longer and that it should clear that night during their batch processing.

Of course. So no closing the account just yet. We had to wait to see if the check cleared and was deposited into our account. It was but yesterday we didn't have a chance to make it back to the bank. I suppose we'll do it today.

There have been multiple other events since Monday that have had "of course" moments. I was out working yesterday and had a couple of them at various customers. Oh and one en route to a customer during which I was nearly sideswiped by a dumba$$ on a cell phone not doing her job as a driver. After I tooted my horn to alert her to the fact that I was as far over onto the shoulder as I could be and she was still inches away from hitting me she then had the nerve to give me the finger. Of course she would. Idiot.

So I'm anxious to see what other "of course" moments are to be had this week.

Comments

Pipeline said…
Of course, being an ex-orange driver as myself, you're used to seeing the finger. lol I'm so ready for Spring, it's snowing like mad here in Poca.
ahhhhhhh....the "of course" moment.....i know them well.....hang in there....hope you get your money today.
Angela said…
We got the money, took it and ran right over to another bank. lol

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic