There's an App for that!

On my other blog I posted about signing up for Netflix. For a low monthly fee I can get unlimited streaming online and one DVD at a time via snail mail service. I got the latest DVD last night but haven't watched it yet. But I've been taking full advantage of the streaming online services since pretty much day one.

When I started this new job back at the end of September my boss and I spent a lot of quality time on the road together and got to know each others' likes and dislikes and such. He and I did a lot of talking about books and movies. During that time he turned me on to Dexter by lending me his copy of Season 1 on DVD. First episode I was hooked.

Now, having it readily available on Netflix I have dived head first into Season 2 and am just loving it. The best part about the unlimited streaming service that Netflix offers is that there is also an iPhone App for it and I can watch anything that is available for streaming on my iPhone.

I've found that an episode of Dexter is almost exactly as long as my cardio workout at the gym. So that's pretty much awesome.

And no, don't even think that I would be watching anything other than the road ahead and around me while I'm out driving at work. As tempting as it may be, I am safe and legal when it comes to work. My career and my hard earned CDL is way more important than Dexter.

Anywho... I'm diggin' Netflix and all that it has to offer. Next up is buying a Roku box that connects to my wi-fi and allows me to watch Netflix on my new TV without having to run a billion cables from my laptop to the TV. Of course, I have to wait another month or so before I can order a Roku because yesterday I spent money on my wedding dress. :o)

Comments

Anonymous said…
Instead of the Roku, I would recommend a Blu-Ray player that supports Netflix streaming or a Wii. We stream Netflix through our Wii a lot and with it you have full search capabilities so you don't have to watch just what is in you queue.
Angela said…
Well we have considered a Wii but don't really have the time to use it as a gaming console so it seems like a pointless purchase. And the best part of the Roku for us is not just that it's affordable, but having my computer at my fingertips I can adjust my streaming queue with little to no real effort for the roku.

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic