Yo Ho! Ahoy Matey's


Well I was a "Buccaneer Beauty" for our annual Halloween Bash. It was fun. I enjoyed myself. I ate, drank and was merry! Our party, both nights of it, were both poorly attended. But we managed to have a freakin' awesome time with those who did show up. You ROCK.


Things had been such a blurr for the past few weeks thanks to the allergy retarded-ness that I was dealing with. I was pretty much on auto-pilot for nearly 5 weeks, my turbulence was sneezing and my complimentary pillow and blanket came in the form of over-priced kleenex. Damn truck stops charge way too much for necessary items these days.


But after a trip to the doctor last week when I got home I am much better. I was prescribed my trusty ol' cocktail of allergy meds and started them right away. It only took about three days for my sinuses to finally get back to normal. Well, as normal as they can be. And I am soooo happy to be back on track. I don't think I could've taken another sneezing fit. Honestly... I'd probably have attempted to rip my nose from my own face if it'd happened again.


My time off was great. As I mentioned, the Halloween party was intimate but great. Just being home and being able to spend time with family and friends made me feel 100% again. I got home on Thursday after swapping trailers with another company driver at the truck stop in Nitro. My sister came to get me, since the ol' man was out of town working, and we had dinner and hung out a bit.


Friday my sweetie and I ran around like mad getting errands run and cleaning accomplished before any party goers arrived. I don't know if the house has been as clean in a long time as it was when we finished our frenzied cleaning session. It needed it badly... and we were glad to have done it.


The party that night went well. We had about 10 folks to party with that night. Only a few of us in costumes, and I don't know how I didn't get pics of more than just myself, my sweetie and my bestie Selena in costume. There were a couple others that came incognito also.


The next day we awoke to a silent house, because no one opted to crash with us the night before, which was a huge change for us. So we got up and got motivated and hopped in the shower. Which in the time/space continuum apparently means that within 5 minutes, people will show up at your house and bang on the door until you answer... dripping wet in only a towel.


Thankfully, it was just our dear friends from Ohio and I got to stay in the shower whilst the dearest had to do the door answering! haha


So it began on Saturday. We went out to eat once we were all cleaned up and ready to roll. We tried Tricky Fish, the new hippy liberal organic eatery in town. Not bad but definitely not impressed. The waitress could've been more happy to see customers, been more friendly, and maybe had her brain in her head instead of off somewhere in la-la land. But the food wasn't horrible.


The party simmered most of the rest of the day. Just a few close friends with a lot of laughs and tons of fun. Sunday, our house became vacant once more and we decided to vegge out.


I also called in and took an extra day off for Monday to spend more time with my sweetie pie. Plus, we found out that two of our greatest friends are moving to freakin' Minnesota at the end of November so we went to visit them for a few hours that evening.


Tuesday, though, it was back to business. I picked up a load in Washington, WV headed towards two drop off points. One just south of Knoxville, TN and the other just south east of Little Rock, AR.


The drive was pretty uneventful between destinations. I arrived here in AR this morning, made my delivery and headed to the nearest truck stop to wait for my next work assignment. Nothing came through after a couple hours so I called to find out what was up.


Slim pickin's in these parts apparently. But after a couple more hours I finally got my next assignment. I can't pick it up till tomorrow, but it's got great mileage from here to New Jersey.


So here I sit, blogging and surfing and uploading pictures for printing. Oh, and I also bought a new digital camera while I was home. So expect more pictures now that I have a camera that works all the time!

Comments

The Daily Rant said…
I LOVE the costume! I'm so not used to seeing you with so much hair!! What fun!

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic