Escape from New Hampshire!

I don't believe I'll ever get out of here.

Last night I inquired with the Company about my position on the waiting for freight list. I was #34. This morning I inquired again. I was #25. About 30 minutes ago I inquired once more. I was #10.

I'm movin' on up... but not movin' out.

I'm bored. I've certainly idled away any hope for a bonus this quarter. And I'm getting irritable. The Internet just doesn't provide as much entertainment for me as it once did. I've blogged, sent various emails and messages to friends, balanced my bank account, read blogs, researched things to do in eastern PA for when I take my week off there in December.

Hmm... what to do what to do?!

UPDATE: 11/11/08 15:33 PM EST: Received a message from my manager and dispatcher both stating that I should prepare for another cold night in New Hampshire. Apparently not gonna get out of here until sometime tomorrow. BAH.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Gigi: I sent an email to the email addy listed on your blog profile. Do you still use that email address? Many thanks.

Belle
Angela said…
I responded Belle... thanks!
Anonymous said…
Hi. Just discovered your blog. I love to read about other truckers. We are stuck in Maryland... waiting...
I understand your pain. :)
My husband and I drive team for a small company.
Keep up the good blogging.
Laurie :)
Anonymous said…
Hope you are rolling home soon.

Do you worry about getting many freight assignments once you are home?

Best wishes.

Belle
Decorina said…
Hope you are out of NH soon. I did my time on the NJ tpk and hated it - winter, snow, ice, jammed drop yards, no thanks.

I have a Canon Powershot and love it. It is old, but great. You don't need more than 3 megapix - doesn't affect image quality the way most people think it does.
Anonymous said…
So did you ever get a truckload home? Are you not posting because you are beating feet out of New Hampshire? Hope all is well with you.

Belle
SteveInSac said…
Are you still in New Hampshire? Hi Gi-Gi! I'm one of your "fans" who has been following your career since you started. Love reading about your adventures! Maybe one day I will also be a trucker driver. But for now, your stories fill my truck driving void! Thanks and be careful! Steve
The Daily Rant said…
You should count your blessings - Ed and I got stuck in New Hampshire last summer for TWO WEEKS!!! We were in Salem, NH. Where are you?

I thought we were NEVER going to get out of there. We became a fixture at the local Barnes & Noble. I think I put on 6 pounds in latte weight! LOL

Oh, and now since I'm out of Canada, I'll be able to send out your "trinket". BUT....after I tore the truck apart, I called my mother and had her check at the house and the trinket is there....so I'll send it when I get back there for Thanksgiving. Don't fret - it will get to you eventually!! :)

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Camera Help...

Open Forum

Don't Panic